Pregnant. Is soreness and itchiness in clitoris normal?

Hi, im just wondering if u would be able 2 help me, im 37wks an 5days pregnant an for the past 3 days my clitorus has been very sore, burning an itchy, i dont drink anything apart from water an milk an dont have any urine infections so was wondering what could be the cause of it an if u have any solutions on how 2 stop it as its very sore thanking you.
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012
Thanks for your query.I am Dr.SharonBaisil.
From your history,i feel that it is fungal infection that is bothering can,present like can use monistat 7 cream available in markets.Its totally safe for your pregnancy and baby.Apply the cream on,the itchy area.And remember to keep your panties dry.moisture in panties can increase fungal infection.hope I have been helpful to you.feel free to ask any of your doubts.