Pregnant. Hurts during bowel movement, blood in stool. Should i be worried?

I am 34 weeks and 3 days pregnant according to my doctors although we think I am supposed to be 36 weeks in a few days not 100% on it though..anyway I felt the need to go to the bathroom and when I did it was kind of hard to and hurt and there was some blood in my stools I haven t went in a day or to until today...should I be worried?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012
Hard stool during pregnancy is common. Due to pressure effect of hard stool, sometimes mucosal injury occurs and this may cause blood in the stool. Taking iron tablets also sometimes leads to constipation. You have to take diet containing high fibre such as green leafy vegetables and fruits ; usually they will correct constipation; if they fail stool softeners such as psyllium hydrophilic mucillioid can be used.