Pregnant. Having low leucocyte count. Prescribed medicines. Suggestions?

dear sir, good morning. myself soumana,i am a six month pregnent women.Since the starting date of pregnency i had cough and cold ,Recently i am contact with a general chest physician.he asking me for test S.Ige,TC DC HB CRP .SPUCTUM FOR AFB AND SPUTAM FOR GM STAIN C/S.ALL IS NORMAL EXCEPT THE COUNT OF LEUCOCYTE IS 16,100.HE PRESCRIBE US CAP.MOX 500MG FOR 5 DAYS -DAILY 3CAP.WE ALLREADY TAKEN 15 SAME CAP BEFOR THIS TEST.BUT OUR GYNOCOLOGIST SAID TO TAKE MICROCEF CV-200 ITAB DAILY...PLZ SUGGEST WHAT TO DO,,,,
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Thank you for your query.
Your tests are essentially normal except for an elevated WBC count.
This is a non specific test and just indicates the possibility of an infection somewhere in the body.
You have already taken antibiotics for 5 days, so I would not advise taking any more antibiotics if your sputum report is normal.
Pregnancy is an immunocompromised condition so frequent cold and cough is common.
Please take natural home remedies for your complaints.
Maintain good immunity with a high protein diet and vitamin C supplements.
Do not travel excessively, and avoid exposure to pollution.
Try steam inhalation and warm saline gargles.
Hot soups also will help.
If all else fails, please consult an ENT specialist.
I would not recommend taking endless antibiotics meaninglessly in pregnancy.