Pregnant. Having loose motion, feeling pain, loss of appetite. Is it safe to take antibiotics?

Hiii I am 31 weeks pregnant & since yesterday i am spending a lot of time in the toilet. I am not sure if it is exactly loose motion but when ever i try to eat some thing i feel pain and then i have to visit the toilet 4 times at least spending time in there but nothing rlly happens.. I have lost appetite too! I don t know what to do. I don t think i ate some thing wrong......Is it safe to take antibiotics? What should i do?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Diarrhoea. loss of appetite and abdominal pain are some of the presenting symptoms of gastroenteritis. It can sometimes be accompanied by nausea and vomiting.

It may be due to viral or bacterial infection. Antibiotics are usually not needed.

The main aspect of treatment is fluid management to make sure that you do not become dehydrated.
You may want to visit your doctor if you have any concerns regarding the baby but once you maintain normal fluids, he or she should be ok.

I hope this helps