Pregnant. Having contractions, pressure on lower back, uterus pain. Anxious. What must I do?

I hit 35 weeks on Monday and at my NSTBPP was told that I was having contractions, though I didn t feel anything. The following day I started feeling intense pressure on my lower back and intermittent pains in my uteru so we went to the hospital and were told I am now dilated to 1 cm and then sent home. I also started noticing a gummy type of substance (like gooey little balls) in my discharge . Not much, but just noticeable on the toilet paper. I noticed it twice yesterday and once this morning. The pains have lightened today but are still present. I have gestational diabetes , controlled with diet and glucophage . I can t help feeing this baby is going to come sooner rather than later, but I am no doctor and it s difficult to get a hold of mine without an appointment. Should I be nervous or anxious? This is my first pregnancy so it s understandable that everything is making me nervous!
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012