Pregnant. Having braxton hicks. Long mucus like discharge, painful. What was it?

Hel I am 25 years old and this is my first pregnacy. I am due in 3 weeks. I have a few questions. I have been having braxton hicks all week and even went to L&D at the hospital on Monday because they were so bad and I thought I was in labor. The first is I have is I m not sure what came out of me was my mucous plug or not. It was kind of a long piece that reminded me of rubber cement about the length of my palm and a greenish/brownish color. Was that it? The second question I have is I will all of a sudden get very hot, shaky, nausous and my lower abdomen/back starts hurting me. Should I be on the look out for anything to happen? Thanks for any help you can give.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Gastroenterologist 's  Response

The thing with greenish/brownish color is a vaginal discharge that should attract your doctor's attention as it might refer to vaginal infection and should be treated correctly with antibiotics (orally and locally).

Can you measure the blood pressure and blood sugar at the time when you are feeling hot, shaky and nausous and report the results to your doctor?

It is good to discuss with your OG if what you are experiencing might be related to infection or blood pressure or diabetes?

Do not worry. All these problems can be properly treated, but need an immediate consultation with your OG.