Pregnant. Having UTI. What are the risks?

I m 31 weeks pregnant and I just found out that I have a UTI I was wondering what the risks associated with this are?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that youare 31 pregnant and have UTI.
Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water to keep your urine dilute. Please do not worry there is no risk involved to your pregnancy.