Pregnant. Have spotting, painful uterus. Progesterone levels checked. Ultrasound scheduled. Abnormal pregnancy?

my lmp started on 2/5/13. I went to the doctor on 3/14 and confirmed I was pg with 5 w 3 d. beta showed levels of 94 and progesterone 6.2. started to have spotting-very mild and dark brown. Doctor took another beta and went up to 317 (8days after). Doc said I had an abnormal pregnancy and scheduled a US to r/o an ectopic. Last beta on the 25th showed 337. US did not show anything. I had another blood sample taken for beta and waiting for results. I started to feel a permanent pain in my uterus for over 10 minutes but its mild and I am not bleeding. Can I get any advise?thanks!
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013