You don't need to take any medications to clean your unborn child from marijuana.
This was the answer to your question, but I would like to give you some information about using marijuana during pregnancy
and breast feeding:
- Very little is known about the effects of marijuana during pregnancy.
- those who use marijuana usually have bad standards of life and lack proper antenatal care, also they usually smoke, drink alcohol and maybe other drugs so, the effect may be indirect through the associated factors.
- Marijuana intake may affect fertility
in males and females.
- Marijuana does not cause birth defects as most studies say, but some say that heavy use may cause anterior abdominal wall defects and cardiac defects.
marijuana may affect the baby by other means such as causing low birth weight
(growth impairment) and premature delivery (fortunately not in your case).
- If you smoke marijuana regularly in the third trimester, the baby may experience withdrawal symptoms
such as increased tremors and crying, these symptoms disappear within a few days.
- Some studies report behavioral and intellectual affection in children born to mothers who were heavy users of marijuana (regular smoking of one or more cigarettes per day).
- Marijuana should be avoided during breast feeding as it crosses through breast milk to the baby, also it affects milk quantity and quality.
Finally I do respect the way you think and that you are afraid about your baby.
I wish you best luck.
Dr. Ahmed Bahaa.