Pregnant. Have severe abdominal pain, vomiting, leg cramps. Is it due to gallstones?

I m 25 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby. No complications with other pregnancies, all were full term. I am a healthy vegetarian regular exerciser, 34 years old. I m experiencing for the 2nd time in a month severe abdominal pain with vomiting . It lasts for 24 hours then when those symptoms subside I have almost unbearable leg pain. Mostly in my calves. Seeing my midwife tomorrow - wondering if it could be gallstones and if the leg cramps could be a result of that as well?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
Dear patient, abdominal pain during pregnancy can be due to many reasons which may be related to pregnancy or unrelated to pregnancy. Pain related to pregnancy include, abruptio placenta, endometritis, salpingitis ectopic pregnancy, red degeneration of fibroid uterus,fatty liver of pregnancy, labour pains etc and pain unrelated to pregnancy include gastritis, cholelethiasis and chloecystitis, urinary tract infection, renal stones, appendicitis , low back pain due to disc disease,etc. Leg pain following abdominal pain and vomiting can be due to electrolyte disturbances like hypokalemia. You consult your gynecologist who will get some tests done like USG abdomen, urine routine and microscopic examination,LFT ,RFT and other necessary test to find out the cause of pain and will then give you the treatement accordingly
Good luck
Dr Arshad