Pregnant. Had pox few months earlier. Effect on baby?

My wife is pregnant for two months. Last date of period is 7/8/13. She suffered from pox in september'13 and no period in this month. On 28/9/13 we test the urine through pregnancy test card & it result positive. Now I want to know what will be the effect pox on my unborn baby. Is there any possibility of giving birth of abnormal baby? If yes, then kindly inform me the treatment also so that we can take precautions also as this is our first baby and don't want to lose it.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
Chicken pox infection resolves naturally without treatment most of the times and does not require medical supervision.Antibodies develope for lifetime and infection will never recur (unless you have an immune deficiency).Since your wife has concieved sometime later this really doesnot affect the baby since she would have already recovered from the active phase(long back).I suggest you to discuss with pediatrician if you are apprehensive.Hope this helps.Take care.