Pregnant. Experiencing numbness on the left side of vagina. Normal?

Hi! I m 25 weeks pregnant and I m experiencing a numbness on my vagina . i can feel the clit and lips but the chubby part around it, ill just call it a lobe.. lol is slightly numb. and mostly only on the left side.. i have had this befote but it went away within the hour. now I ve had it since yesterday. just wondering if i should be worried or if this is completely normal. its a very odd sensation and id like it to pass. thanks!
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.

It is not unusual to have feelings of numbness in the vaginal area as you have reported. At 25 weeks of pregnancy, the baby is growing inside and this may lead to movement of the gravid uterus within the abdomen. These are low intensity movements and nothing to worry about.

During such movements, there may be compression and/ or entrapment of pudendal nerves or its branches. This can lead to momentary numbness in vagina in some women. Its like an odd sensation as described with you and will surely pass off.

Hope this helps.

Radiologist Dr. Indu Kumar's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM

Numbness is common feeling during pregnancy.
Numbness with discharge should be the cause for worry.
Since you don't have discharge ,Don't worry at all.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan