Pregnant. Done ultrasonic fat cavitation. What to do?

hi..i run a beauty therapy business and one of my treatments is ultrasonic fat cavitation. A contraindication is pregnancy
I have just had a client come in and after having 2 treatments she has found out she is pregnant. Are you able to help me to give her some advice and calm her down.
This is her third pregnancy and she is 43
thank you
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Mar 2013
Hello Denise
Unfortunately, ultrasonic fat cavitation is not advisable in pregnancy.
It can harm a baby's developing immune system.
It can also damage the hearing of the unborn baby.
Apart from that, high frequency ultrasound has various other side effects that are still under study.
These are all not 100 % likely to occur, but you cannot negate the facts that these side effects can and do occur.
As she is 43, she is already at high risk for abnormalities in the baby, which are maternal age dependent.
Ask her to contact a Genetic Counsellor to know the exact odds, and have a list of screening tests to undergo, following which she can decide what to do further.