Pregnant. Done abdominal surgery. Have diarrhea. Increased CRP. Can it occur again?

Hi I am 27 week pregnant and was admitted with pain down right side which surgeons thought was appendix. However when they operated my abdomen was full of puss and they had to do laparotomy to perform a wash out. When this puss was sent away to lab nothing was positive. I was on iv co amox for 5days then oral. However before admission to hosp I had no symptoms only that I had vomited once then had 4 episodes of diarrhoea and then had sharp pains which I blamed on just bein a virus. Only after admission my crp doubled in less than 24hr that they decided to operate. My wcc was ok they said. Can u offer any advice to what it may have been or can it occur again and is it associated with my pregnancy?? Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
The generalised infection and frank pus in the abdominal cavity is not likely to be related to your pregnancy. A sudden rise in CRP is suggestive of septicaemia and thus you were operated. Please do not worry. This will not affect your baby.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Rakhi Tayal