Pregnant. Diagnosed with hydronephrosis. Severe pain. Done with CT scan. On Tylenol w codeine and bed rest. Guidance?

My daughter (25) was diagnosed with hydronephrosis, and she is 5 months pregnant. She was given a CT scan to diagnose, and was given Tylenol w codeine for the severe pain. Her doctor is out of town for 2 weeks. She is in severe pain...and she has read, and was told that relief won't come until the baby delivers. Can we hope for sooner relief? and should I fear the CT scan and/or codeine are harmful to the baby? At what point should be go back to the hospital? For now she is on 2 weeks complete bed rest til her Dr returns.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013