Pregnant. Diagnosed with e coli. Prescribed augnentin. Safe?

Hi I am 8 weeks pregnant and have been diagnosed with an e coli UTI sensitive to augmentin and nitrofuratoin. GP has prescribed augmentin and taken a CBC. I am concerned about taking the augmentin at this stage of pregnancy when my UTI symptoms are minimal and it was only picked up on routine urinalysis. Is it worth the risk to wait and see if the infection clears on its own or is that unlikely with the e coli? I don't want to run the risk of kidney infection, but realise this is a sensitive point in pregnancy to take this medication
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013