Pregnant. Diagnosed with Chiari 1 Malformation. Using pessary. Explain situation?

I wore a pessary for the first six months of my second pregnancy. Had worn this to support my uterus for several months before discovering my pregnancy. I was told i would never have another child. During my exam before surgery to correct the probem my physician saw a change in my uterus. I was about two weeks pregnant. In order to reduce the risk of aborting I was advised to continue to use the pessary. This was in 1964. Several years ago my daughter was diagnosed with Chiari 1 Malformation. She had severe symptoms that led to surgery. During surgery vertabre one had to be removed and the forked malformation of spina bifita was found at vertabre two. No other symptions of SB were found. When my daughter was born her head was a rectangular shape with four bone knobs at the corners. This was not apparent at 8-9 months. My question is this: are there other known problems such as this when the mother had worn a pessary? (Please excuse improper spelling.)
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013