Pregnant. Abdominal pain, heavy periods prior to pregnancy. Scans, blood tests done. Advise?

About a week before I get my period I get a CRIPPLING PAIN in my left side of my abdomen wrapping around to my back. I went to the er the last time and they did scans blood tests the works couldn't find anything wrong so they wrote it off as food poisoning. Im 12 weeks pregnant now and so far this pregnancy I still have this pain. No specific time just comes and goes. I told my obgyn about it and she said if its not my kidney or intestines there's nothing wrong. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG! the pain is so severe when it comes it takes my breath away (like I said crippling pain) and I also get VERY heavy periods (when not pregnant) lasting 7-1 1days. Someone help! Or at least a suggestion that I can bring to my regular Dr and not take "nothings wrong with you" as an acceptable answer.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013