Pregnant. Abdominal pain, back pain. Sonogram shows no heartbeat. Will baby survive?

Hello, I was 16w 5days . Went to my check - up no heartbeat. I had 2 sonograms done same day still no heart. is there any chance it could start again. The Dr. has given me 5 days to pass the baby on it's own .I have had no blood , just lower abdomen soreness back pain. The other option is to have a D&E. Is there still hope a heart beat is possible.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Mar 2013
Hello
After two ultrasound confirming that there iso heartbeat, I am very sorry to say there is no scope for a heartbeat now.
Please be patient and accept the reality.
Go along with the medical management advised to you.
Also, please have a complete evaluation of the reasons for this intra uterine death.
Have complete biopsy of the fetus and placenta.
Rule out genetic causes, infections, blood group incompatibility, autoimmune conditions, abnormalities of uterine size and shape etc.
Have a complete work up after consulting a Genetic counsellor.