Pregnancy ultrasound scan not detecting the fetus. Trans vaginal scan showing gestational sac and yolk sac, low heart rate. What is the survival chance of the baby?

hi, I am 1 and a half month pregnant and did my first ultra sound yesterday. since the fetus was not visible in the abdominal scan the doctor did an trans vaginal scan and found a gestational sac measuring 24.4mm, yolk sac measuring 3.6 mm. the fetal pole was seen and cardiac activity was present. but the heart rate was very low- 71 bpm. CRL was mentioned as 5.9 mm (6 weeks 6 days). The doctor told there is less chance for the baby to survive more than 3 weeks and asked for another scan within 2 weeks. just wanted to know is there any chance for the heart beat rate to increase during these 2 weeks. the doctor seemed not at all sure about the baby s survival
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012