Pregnancy test positive, taken Meprate, side affects on baby

Hello I am prasanna .. I am from India...My last LMP was 9th feb. and I did not get my periods..So i visited doctor and had my pregnancy test and got negative.. So later doctor gave me Mepate for 5 days . I used for 5 days and after waiting for 19 days I did not get my periods.. Later when visited doctor and she confirmed me that I am pregnant .. Now my doctor saying Meprate may cause side affects to my baby. Please suggest me .. I am married 27 years of age
Asked On : Fri, 11 May 2012