Pregnancy test positive. Having pain, bleeding. Miscarriage?

I am about 6-7 weeks pregnant I have done two test both positive, I am 40 and my youngest son is almost 21. I have been in a lot of pain for the past couple of week, today I started bleeding so I went into the walk-in centre at my hospital. They did a pregnancy test it also still shows positive , they have booked me in on Friday (or if a cancellation comes up then earlier) for a scan. The bleeding has increase as has the pain. I don t want to over bother the hospital but I feel it must be a miscarriage , what other reasons could I be bleeding ?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013