Pregnancy test negative. USG report normal but no periods. Reason? Rapid weight gain. Taking rejumet, any side effects?

Hi, my wife s menstural cycle has stopped since 2 months. We have done the pregnency test too. but the result was negetive. We have done the USG also and the report was normal. After consulting our Doctor, he mentioned that it is due to rapid weight gaining of her (6kgs in 8 months). He has given Rejumet 500mg for her. My question is will she be able to be pregnent? Is it normal that her menstural cycle has stopped due to rapid weight gaining? Will there be any side effects for Rejumet 500mg? Will she be ok?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012