Pregnancy test- positive. Was prescribed gestum softgel capsules. Why is this medicine used?

Hi, I am Soni 29 years old. last week i came to know that i m pregnant by checking with pregnancy kit at home. when i went to doc she gave me some medicines and told me to come on 7th may for ultra sound which is 2 months since my last period date. is it confirm that i m pregnant by checking with pregnancy kit(i Can)???? Doc has given me Gestum 400mg softgel capsules .. can u tell me why this medicine is used ??
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013