Pregnancy terminated with cytotec vaginally. Ultrasound revealing missed abortion. D&C suggested. IS it necessary?

good day,with my 9weeks of pregnancy unfortunately need to terminate with cytotec 800mcg vaginaly,as reveals in ultrasound missed abortion ,after 1 week of having bleeding,I saw the tissue and placenta came out as Dr OB showed to me but when I did Ultrasound still there is remaining 1.6cm,my OB wanted to do D&C I refused as OB said in their hospital protocol D&C is not needed if result is 1.5,since I refused he prescribed me to take Cytotec 800mcg orally then methergine 1 tab TID then to repeat Ultrasound after 1 week.Now I am worried if I did a good decision or I put myself with a new problem. Pls give advise.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012