Pregnancy symptoms with pink spotting, itching and frequent urination. Signs of pregnancy or infection?

Hi, i am having symptoms that may be pregnancy or something else. I had my period last week that lasted 4 days the day before my period my husband and I had unprotected sex.. I know I don t have an std but here are my sympoms. A little discharge with pink spotting, a little bit of itching and a lot of peeing. Am I pregnant or is this an infection
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012
Pregnancy cannot occur with an intercourse just before the onset of a period as this is the safest period of the cycle. Your symptoms are suggestive of some vaginitis and an associated urinary infection. You need a local examination by a specialist, get a vaginal and cervical swab and urinalysis to ensure proper management. Spotting can happen due to infections of the pelvis and also due to hormonal imbalances that can coexist. Treatment of the cause usually cures the spotting too. Please have adequate liquids, maintain genital hygiene and do not use any tampons; use sanitary pads instead. Please abstain from intercourse until you get complete relief. Your husband may also treatment. Hope this helps.