Pregnancy symptoms, faint positive on the HPT that faded and appeared within minutes. Had taken treatment for PID, history of miscarriage. Is the pregnancy test false positive?

I had an abnormal bleeding problem (my dr thought it was pid) it lasted 3-4 weeks, he put me on birth control to stop the bleeding, which it helped and he wanted me on the birth control for 2 months to regulate me again and to stop bleeding if it started again- it hasnt started bleeding again except for excessive breakthru bleeding as he called it- ramped up the birth control then this month i have yet to have my period- I know that when i am on birth control when i take antibiotics the birth control is not as effective (we dont want to prevent pregnancy anyways) and have had a break out like acne/ hives style on arms,chest, stomach, and legs, I also have nausea , fatigue , breast tenderness and other pregnancy signs- I took a generic version of EPT on Friday 13th,2012 and it came out very faint positive- it faded away a few minutes later and came back after the 10 minute limit- could this be a false positive or could it be to early or a sign i am going to lose this baby (i have history of miscarriages) if i am pregnant .
Asked On : Wed, 18 Apr 2012
The pregnancy test cannot be interpreted this way. It must be read exactly at the correct time as indicated on the package instructions. Reading it too early will look like a faint positive or false positive. Reading it too late is NOT a false positive but is performing the test incorrectly. Repeat the test with a new test and be sure to read it at the recommended time frame.