Pregnancy scan says low lying placenta. Is travel by train safe?

I am 8 weeks pregnant.. In my scan doctor told that my placenta is down but then she told tat s nothing abnormal and it will go up gradually as the months passes by. I am not having any bleeding.I need to travel from bangalore to trivandrum (12 hours journey) on my 11th week of pregnancy as there is no one to take care of me here. So i need to go to my hometown. Is it advisable to go by train during my 11 th week. Is it safe for me and my baby?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Thanks for your question.
A low lying placenta is quite common at this gestation. This is good that you don't have any history of bleeding. It is generally advised that you must avoid trauma, jerks, prolong exertion & sexual intercourse till your placenta migrates higher up. If you have to travel due to personal reasons then try to postpone your visit till the 12 completed weeks. As second trimester is usually the safest period to travel or you can wait till your placenta migrates. Try to avoid fatigue as much as possible on the way back home.
Best of luck.