Pregnancy issues. Can irregular period be a reason?

hi, i am nisar ahamad from karnataka my question is, thre e years ago i married but my wife still not getting pregnent reports i already treated by standard gynos and dnc test also tested and results found ok ! Ofter this test still not get pregnent so please mail me what is the reason for this problem. Another please note this point my wife is also not getting periods regularly and she got monthly period only one day ! So please suggest any suitable solution !
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012
Mar 2014
Hello Nisar,

I understand your problem. regarding infertility the problems resides in the male in 30%, female in 30%, both in 30% and no problem detected in 10%. So get your semen analysis done if it is not already done.
You will need a tubal patency test for your wife to rule out blocks. Look for the uterine size and endometrium by USG. Also a hormone test for thyroid and prolactin is needed to look for cause of scanty period. An ovulation study must be done t see if the female egg is getting formed normally and released. With this, the cause is found in most cases and treatment directed towards it.
Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.     
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist