Pregnancy confirmed. Prescribed blood test. Had quantitative tests again. To test for twins?

Hi DR! i believe I am 4 weeks 3 days pregnant. Before getting an appointment at a gynae , they sent me for a bloodtest to confirm pregnancy. Now they send me again, in 2 days, for a quantitative test. I understand that this is to see if my hcg doubles. Wouldnt the dr also do a progesterone test is she was worried for a miscarriage , ectopic, or molar? Or could this be to test for twins? I believe i ovulated 5 Feb, and started having cramps form the 10th of feb for 8 days, did a home urine test on 9dpo, (what i believe) it was positive, on 14th Feb. Could this be twins? Or should i worry? I havent even gone for first appointment
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013