Preeclampsia during pregnancy. Related to thalassemia minor?

Hi my daughter is 20 and is 36 weeks pregnant, she is showing signs of preeclampsia , and was told she may have to be induced if it gets out of control. Is this in any way related to her thalasimia minor, and is there something we need to relay to our doctor that she may not be aware of regarding thalasimia minor pregnancies? I appreciate any advice as the idea of having to enduce and having the baby come before he is really ready scares me, Thank You
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012