Precautions to be taken when diagnosed with low amniotic fluid? Why am I vomiting with cramps?

What precautions should be taken when you are diagnosed with low amniotic fluid? My midwife told me that my amniotic fluid was low at my 20 week ultrasound . I asked her how low it was. She said she did not know because they did not take any measurements. I asked for some kind of estimation as to if it is on the normal side or severely low, and she could not tell me anything. She scheduled another ultrasound for me a month out, and I think that is way too long when we don t know anything.(I am switching to a different practice because of this, but my appointment is not for another week) This is my third pregnancy. I had low amniotic fluid with my son at 36 weeks, and had to be induced at 38 weeks. I have been drinking a lot of water, and have not been as active as I had been. I have also cut out caffeine completely. I have consumed two liters of water in a two hour time frame daily, based on the study that supports this. I have noticed much more movement from my baby this week than I had felt previously. I also had severe ( pain scale 7) , recurrent contraction like cramping(with vomiting at the peak of the most intense one) that has not come back since I have been drinking so much water. What precautions should I take to be on the safest side possible? What should I be allowed to do and not allowed to do. Should I have been given more information at my 20 week ultrasound than they gave me?
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012