Precautionary measures and exercise to cure PIVD?

I am suffering from PIVD. I was on traction since 3 weeks with bed rest. I am still facing some pain in my right side of lower back while walking. I have to travle to my office for 2 hours a day. I am suffering from pain while travelling by bus. Please suggest me precautionary measures and excercises to cure PIVD.

Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Rheumatologist 's  Response
the precautionary measures are to avoid heavy weights, it would be best if you could consult a physiotherapist who could help you with some extension and back strengthening exercises, mainly to strengthen your muscles .
that should help with you pain.
also try to mantain a good posture.