Pre-diabetic, high fasting blood sugar. Family history of type 2 diabetes. Treatment?

Hello. I have a family history of diabetes . Type 2. My hbA1C result in March of this year was 58 & by June it was 44. ( My Dr.had hoped with diet & exercise I would bring it down below 50. As 40 was normal, I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic ). I have normal random blood sugar readings but notice my fasting blood sugar is getting high again. Between 126 -133 mg/dl. Not sure what is best as I read a lot about snacks before bedtime etc which may help my fasting blood sugar ?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012