Pounding in chest when heart races, severe chills, shaking, nausea with vomiting. Is it due to stress ?

I was in an argument with my sister when my heart started racing and i could feel it pounding in my chest , then i started getting severe chills and shaking all over (my stomach was even bunching and twitching), then i got nauseated and had to vomit . Is this an anxiety attack? We fear my sister is bipolar. she has recently started behavioral help not of her own choice (her kids were just removed from her home due to abuse and drugs). I am trying to keep my sister safe and calm, but obviously not working. If this continues will it be bad for my health? Today was first time with chills and vomitting/nausea. I m usually warm natured. Also this last week (since time she has stayed with me) I have experienced hot flushes and increased heart rate when trying to stay calm. Am i just making myself sick? Is it just normal stress? What should i do?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013