Pounding heart after a nap

i took a nap and when i woke up my heart was pounding i was shaking what does this mean
Asked On : Sun, 17 Apr 2011
Get your thyroid profile done. It might be a sign of hyperthyroidism if other symptoms like weight loss, tremors etc are present.
Hello Cristal,

If this was an isolated incident, I would not worry too much about it. Sometimes when we have intense emotional dreams, we wake up with our heart pounding or drenched in sweat and may have no recollection of the dream itself. If this is the first time it is happening and you have no other symptoms (both during sleep and while awake), then that would be the most likely explanation.

Dr. Saifuddin Kharawala