Postpartum, have soreness and large opening to vagina due to improper stitching, severe discomfort in standing or sitting. What will help?

I am 6 weeks postpartum and just found out that the pain I ve been feeling in my rectal area for several weeks now is a result of my practitioner not stitching my perineum when they should have. i have soreness and a large opening to my vagina now. It is uncomfortable when I sit and when I stand for prolonged periods of time I find I have to clench myself to feel an ease to the discomfort. (At about one week postpartum, my pain was so unbearable I was in tears , unable to sit or stand or even sit to use the toilet. I thought I was just healing , now I find otherwise.) What can be done to help this? The doctor I just saw for a second opinion said surgery would be an option if it was bothering me. What would this surgery entail? How long should I wait before making such a decision? Will this tear heal in a broken state and then stop hurting me? Could NOT repairing this surgically make me more prone to prolapses since my perineum area has less support?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013
Thanks for query.its evident from the history that you have a perineum not delay as improper healing would end up with rectal incontinence .it is better to go for surgery as suggested .surgery is nothing but resuturing of the tear in a muscle strengthening way.procedure will be explained before hand .chances of prolapses are more if you leave it to heal for itself than resuturing .discuss the complications with surgeon .hope you get relieved soon .regards.