Post thyroidectomy ultrasound shows hypoechoic nodule within zone 2 on the left. Indications?

Hi, my status is post thyroidectomy . I just had a routine Neck US. My ultrasound result is this: Patient is status post thyroidectomy. No abnormal soft tissue density within the thyroidectomy bed. A 10 x 9 x 4 mm hypoechoic nodule is noted within zone II on the left just inferior to the patient s ear. No clearly demonstrable fatty hilum. No concerning internal vascularity or microcalcifications. Multiple other normal appearing neck nodes bilaterally. ImpressionIMPRESSION: 1. 10 mm hypoechoic nodule within zone 2 on the left as above. Consider FNA for further evaluation. What do you think the nodule is since it is away from my thyroid gland? thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013