Post operation from TFCC repair. Feel undissolved suture under scars. Suture logged underneath tendon. Suggest?

Hello Doctor, my name is Kate and I am 21 years old. I am 4 months post op from a TFCC repair and still have undissolved sutures that I can feel under the scars. I have been in quite a deal of pain since yesterday and my loval GP (I couldn t get an appointment with my surgeon) seems to think that the suture is lodged underneath a tendon which is what is causing the pain. She said it should be removed. I am wondering if that is what it could be and what procedure will be used to remove it as I do not like the idea of being awake when the surgeon goes looking for this suture! Many thanks, Kate.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012