Post nasal drip, blocked nostril, surgery for DNA, polyp done, MRI showed enlarged tonsils, advised tonsillectomy, biopsy. Reason?

I have had a problem with post nasal drip and a persistent cough with a blocked right nostril for years. I had a diverted septum corrected and a polyp removed in January. This opened the airway but I still had a sensation of something there at the back of my nose. I was sent for an MRI and the result is that i have an enlrgement of the right tonsil and the recommendation is tonsillectomy and biopsyof the removed material. My question is how are these two conditions possibly related?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012