Post menopausal woman. Polyp found on uterus. Visible difference between cancerous and non-cancerous polyp?

I am a 55 year old post-menopausal woman (8 years). I take HRT - a compound of Erstradiol (.5) Progesterone (50) and Testosterone (1.25), DHEA 100 mg 1 x d, and Armour Thryoid (90). I have been taking these for 1 1/2 years because my levels were in the lower part of the range and to help boost my energy levels, weight loss and improve muscle mass. I am 5 5 tall and currently weigh 255 lbs. I have lost 74 pounds in the last 14 months. I do not have HPB or diabetes. No family history of diabetes or cancer. I had bleeding for 3 days and went to see OB/GYN Had ultrasound done and a polyp was found in my uterus. Uterus wall was 11m think. Dr did biopsy but test results have not come back yet. I would like to know if there is any visible difference between a non-cancerous and cancerous polyp. The Dr told me she couldn t tell one way or the other but I didn t know if she actually did see a difference and was trying not to alarm me until the results are back.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013