Post menopausal, had episode of dizziness on turning while lying flat. Can positional maneuver cause stroke?

I m 48 and post-menopausal. Last month had episodes of dizziness whenever turned while lying flat. I believe I have BPPV . I tried a positional maneuver on the 3rd day and the dizziness went away. Now it s back again. I m scared about trying the positional maneuver again (can t remember the actual name) because I read that it can also cause a stroke . Is this true? How can I get rid of this? I m also slightly dizzy while standing upright which us new. I m healthy and not on any meds.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012