Post fever muscle aches, weakness and low BP. Is it due to work exposure or viral illness?

My 40 year old son had a fever one day....then muscle aches and weaknesss the next....then a near blackout spell with very low blood pressure episodes that same day. He was working with heavy raw copper at work before that and thought the muscle pain in arms legs and hands could have been caused by that exposure. Could there be a connection with the exposure at work or simply a viral illness that may go as fast as it came?? He is 70% better now after four days.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012