Post-coital spotting, vaginal burning, urethritis. Negative for STDs. Due to perimenopause?

Hello. I am 46 years old and I believe I am going through my perimenopausal state. My periods have become irregular over the past 6-7 months. My last period was over a month ago. I have a new issue I am concerned about. My husband, who is a over the round truck driver, came home and I experience post-coital spotting which was light and dark brown one day after having sex. I also have a little vaginal discomfort (burning). I see him about every 6-8 weeks. I have noticed that I get a slight case of urethritis after he leaves. Iadmit, I don t see him much so we may get a little intense and frequent at times. At one tine, I was concerned that he was being unfaithful and passing on STDs, so I had cultures done a couple of times ( chlamydia and GC swabs as well as wet preps for trich). Each time the results came back negative. Now this last time he came home... the bleeding. I have no associated fever. No pelvic pain . Just vaginal burning (deep) and a small amount of brown discharge . Does this have to do with my perimenopausal symptoms or should I go back to my PMD. My last PAP was 3 years and was normal. I have never had an abnormal pap since Ibegan to have PAPs. I have no hx of fibroids . No hx of endometriosis and my periods have always occurred like clockwork until 7 months ago. Help? What is the deal? Where should I start? Should I be concerned.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  106 Awaiting Answer