Possibly having cervical polyp. What does significant cervical erosion mean?

i have been diagnosed by my GP as possibly having a cevical polyp , he can see the growth and is unsure. Also there is significant cervical erosion. I have a history of CIN3 which was removed 12 years ago and had a further cauterisation for erosion done in 2008. I have had a bit of post coital bleeding for the last 6months and recently I have been bleeding for 30 days straight. When examining me on monday the GP said there was clear fresh bleeding . On top of this my symptoms are extreme tiredness, hot flashes and occasionally feeling faint. I also have a mild ache very similar to how I would have felt previously post-op. Im 35, three children. I had a negative pap smear result in December. I have of course been refered to Gynae but the first urgent priority appointment is the end of July. Appointments/Referrals suggested I attend A&E. What will happen to treat this? What is the likelyhood it is cancer and should I get medical attention straight away due to the contant bleeding. Thankyou.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012