Possibly a Second Period in one month, kindly advise me

hi, i'm 17 and my period happened in the beginning of the month like always. But then a little less than a week later, I started bleeding again. Yesterday was the first of this and it was brown-ish and smelled like period blood . But other than when i first noticed it, the flow has practically stopped. Then i noticed a few minutes ago that it started flowing again. And it stopped. I'm really worried and idk what to do. As much as i dont want to say it, i did masturbate the night before this started and it hurt a little. Could that have something to do with this second period attempt ? PLEASE answer. Thanks :\
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jun 2010
hello.welcome.probably you have hurt yourself by masturbation resulting in bleeding.Best would be to consult a gynecologist for exact reason and treatment.good luck.