Positive pregnancy test, ultrasound did not show fetus or heart beat, have light brown spotting. What is the cause?

Hi Doc! I am yay from Philippines I have a question about my pregnancy it bothers me a lot and i need someone who can lighten up my positive on pt test and went to my ob and according to ultrasound i am 5 weeks pregnant though the fetus cant be seen and no heartbeat yet, just last night i experienced a little light brown discharge but its not continuous..I called my ob about it and her answers made me sad and worried a lot, she told me that until we see the fetus and hear the heartbeat she cannot assure me that my pregnancy will progress and with the brown discharge she cant do anything about it.. right now im really worried because i can no longer feel swollen on breast, no signs of pregnancy either such as nausea , vomiting...but i am still on bed rest now and continued to take the supplements my ob give me
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012