Positive pregnancy test, have back pains, nausea, abdominal scanning post spotting showed a white line. Is there any harm?

Hi Doctor, Actually my wife is pregnant. We tested by using the velocity kit twice on same day early morning and night, the result is positive. Then we consulted the doctor, she checked the Blood pressure and some basic things. Finally doctor confirmed that my wife is pregnant and also she suggested that after week we will go for scan. Today my wife getting blood bleeding (small drops that is in black and brownish color). We consulted the doctor again she scanned my wife by using ultrasound , in the abdominal scanning one white line is appearing. She suggested that will go for another scan after 2 weeks. Can you please suggest my wife is pregnant or not. My wife getting backpains, headaches , some vompting sensation.
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012
First trimester bleeding is any vaginal bleeding during the first 3 months of pregnancy. Vaginal bleeding may vary from light spotting to heavy bleeding with clots. Vaginal bleeding is a common problem in early pregnancy, complicating 20%-30% of all pregnancies.Bacpainn ,headaches etc are normal symptoms of first trimester,
Repeating the scan after a gap will tell us more about the cardiac activity of foetus.
So dont worry.