Positive pregnancy test, bleeding, miscarriage occurence, high hormonal levels. Scan done. Can the baby still be there?

hi there i found out i was pregnant 3 weeks ago prenecy test came bk positive so went an saw a midwife they said i would be bout 6 wks i have eregular periods so thought that is far along but then stared to spot an sort of beeding so we for a sacan 2 an ahlf weeks ago they said i am having a miss carrage an to do bloods so did those an my hormone levels were still goin up but not enough to say im pregnant so went for more bloods an they are still goin up could it be that i was a lot eirler in the pregnacy that they never saw it? its now been 3 weeks since i had a scan waitn for hospital to contact me for a dnc but what if theres still a baby there i asked for another scan an was told i dnt need 1? just dnt no what to do been waiting for ansers an not noing whats goin on? what should i do am i ok could there still be a baby?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
This is a difficult question to answer because I do not have the test results. If the first ultrasound saw a collapsing pregnancy then the hormone level should not be going up. Sometimes levels do not go up normally if the pregnancy is not inside the womb but is in the fallopian tube. It is still growing but it is not growing normally.
Please do not undergo a D and C unless someone can explain to your satisfaction where the pregnancy is and why HCG levels are continuing to increase. The midwife cannot practice without the supervision of a physician. You can ask to see the supervising physician or go somewhere for a second opinion.
I know this is a difficult and frightening time. It can make it hard to stick up for yourself when you are dealing with a rather intimidating medical professional. Nonetheless you must be your own advocate. You will never regret getting answers. I hope that you find someone kind understanding and knowledgeable to explain things to your satisfaction.