Positive pregnancy test. USG shows empty gestational sac. Done blood work. Why is doctor suggesting D&C?

I believe I am around 8 weeks pregnant based off if my last irregular period on 09/10. I took a positive pregnancy test on 10/10. I was seen by the doctor on 11/7 and with a portable u/s machine said my vaginal scan showed an empty gestational sac measuring around 6 weeks. He came back and said I probably have a blighted ovum . Sent me for blood work that day at the hospital. Today, two days later I went to the hospital again with referrals to have an abdominal and vaginal u/s as well as another blood test . My levels were around 0000 on Wednesday and today they had dropped a small amount...less than 1000. Both u/s showed nothing more than an empty gestational sac measuring exactly 6 weeks and 1 day. When the doctor called with my blood results they said I need to be seen Monday to schedule a d&c. Why is my doctor so insistent on me having a miscarriage . Looking online I feel like there is a lot that can affect my different situations. And I refuse to believe it s that s easy time give uo on a pregnancy.
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012